Games and the Law Violence and Addiction
Want to play “hack for homescapes” with the game controls and look for obscure clues that make me go “oh, maybe I need to do this then?” *splat* “No, guess not”.
This goes doubly if the game is also one that promises (threatens?) to use up 20+ hours of my time to complete.
If I’m playing a game with a story (and those are usually the games I prefer) then I really want to see that story through to the end, and knowing it’s going to take me several months of gaming to do that is actually a daunting proposition to me.
So I am perfectly happy with a campaign that I can complete in 6-8 hours.
I like a game that checkpoints my progress every 10 minutes, so I don’t have to replay a one hour section of the game because I screwed up (potentially multiple times, depending on how tough the save system is on you).
Most of all, I like that I can *relax* when I’m playing a game and not stress out in frustration or thinking that I just want to get it done so I can move on to the next game.
And my feeling of self loathing, but that’s another article
To the people that feels that this is the largest gaming disaster since the Nintendo Wii, I can only say; Don’t worry guys, there will always be a segment of the market that enjoys hugely complex and long games.
Certain people will make time in their lives for a game that *demands* the full and utter attention of the gamer for the duration of its 50+ hours of gameplay.
And some will be satisfied with simply picking up a single game every 6-8 months and just play that religiously, never so much as glancing at what else is out there for them to play.
The success of games like Dark Souls is a testament to this.
As for me, I am looking forward to playing (and completing) several great games in the next few months, such as Gears of War 3, Battlefield 3 and Driver: San Francisco.
And you know what?
I may even set the difficulty to easy for some of them!
Passionate gamer and science fiction lover.
With more than 25 years spent playing video games and reading and watching Sci-fi, these are subjects that are very close to my heart.
I write reviews, opinion pieces and stuff that is just meant to put a smile on your face.
the fact that playing a video game is both fun and entertainment. With the passage of time the computer game industry has evolved rapidly and more sophisticated use of 3D technology and special effects in the game, resulted in a more engaging and close to reality experience for the players.
What is a Professional Gaming Hardware
The hardware for gaming includes both the machine, the input and output devices attached to it. A professional gaming computer includes a high performance processor, a dedicated graphic card, large system memory as well as large hard disk drive for huge storage requirements.
Teenagers and youngsters plays these advanced games on their PC with standard hardware, however the professional gamers uses only the best computer hardware specially built for the gaming. There are several features of the gaming grade hardware which distinguish them from the ordinary or standard ones, professional gamers prefer such advanced hardware due to the following reasons;
- Powerful Processing And High Storage: Video games requires heavy-duty processor, system memory, graphic memory, sound as well as huge storage space. Now-a-days computer games uses state of the art 3D technology that require huge processor, graphic and system memory share in order to run your game smoothly without freezing or slowing down. A gaming computer will have powerful machine components for faster and reliable data processing.
- Speedy and Clear Communication Between Player and Game: The communication between the player and the computer is the duty of the input and output devices namely: mouse, keyboard, headphone, speaker, microphone as well as LCD or monitor. A gaming grade device will provide a faster and reliable communication between player and the game. Hyper-response keys are used for speedy digital communication, which are must faster than ordinary mouse and keyboard keys.
- Accuracy and Precision: Gaming mouse and keyboards are the most important to get the desired accuracy and precision in your game. Such accuracy is only possible if you have a device that gives you more control in your game, for example a gaming mouse uses hyper speed buttons and high precision laser sensor technology to provide accuracy and precision.
- Comfortable Gameplay For Long Hours: Input and output gaming devices are designed in an ergonomic style which are durable and offers a comfortable use for long hours of gameplay. For example, a gaming keyboard and mouse with wrist or palm rest will help to play the game comfortably. Similarly a gaming grade hardware will have a design that provide better grip to avoid slipping of fingers during the input operation.
- Advanced Features To Interact With Computer Game: Advanced features are added in gaming hardware which are not present in ordinary devices. For example, a gaming headphone offers noise cancelling feature, a gaming keyboard and mouse offers a programmable keys or macros to interact with game. Other features are custom LED lights, adjustable mouse weight etc
A computer mouse is one of the most important input devices which are used in order to interact with your computer game. So this piece of hardware enables the computer to send your control instructions to the game. A mouse is responsible to control the movement of the pointer on the computer screen, however it serves differently during the game-play. But the task is quite the same that you communicate with the video game and send the instructions in order to proceed with your mission as a player.
What is a Gaming Mouse and How it Differs From A Standard Mouse?
In order to perform better in the game, you need to have superior gaming hardware which has technological advantage in comparison to regular mouse used with everyday computers. The most important aspects of the gaming mouse hardware are the laser technology, the programmable keys, weight control, ergonomic design for easy grip and changeable LED lights etc. The high quality laser technology ensures the precision and accuracy in your game, and result in better control in computer game. So when you use a gaming mouse, you can sure that it provides superior accuracy and control of your game.